Saturday, January 2, 2010

Best of Both Worlds

No, not in a Hannah Montana sort of way, although I am thankful my niece keeps me up to date on what's going on in the pre-teen world! Sometimes I am very sad that I don't live by my parents, and don't get to see them as often as I'd like. But, I also like to consider myself very fortunate that I not only was born into a great family, but I have a great church family as well. Seriously, the knowledge I glean from friends is invaluable (thanks Andrea & Janet).
Sometimes it's easier to learn from people you AREN'T related too, which is why I'm excited that I have friends who know how to cook and sew that are willing to impart their knowledge on to me :) (again, thanks Janet!)
I'd like to learn to live a "simpler" life, and be more "homemade and crafty". I truly am jealous when I see things people make and I think I could NEVER come up with anything that creative!
My first mission - tea towels. Lame and simple, yes, but really I do know my limits and abilities! The material came today, and I'm kind of excited about it!

No comments: