Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Feeling a bit Grinch-like

Yep, still here - day who knows how many of snow and nastiness (and I'm not just talking about my mood) here in the Seattle area. I can't find the camera to take a picture, but there is still snow on the ground and still more snow falling from the sky.
I bought a cute dress a few weeks back with the intention of wearing it to the preschool Christmas program; program cancelled because of snow. No problem, I'll wear it to the Christmas Eve service at church, Christmas Eve service cancelled because of snow. I'll take a nap, cancelled because my husband woke me up to tell me there is no Christmas Eve service at church, and then I sat in the chair listening to the not so smart neighbor spinning his wheels (literally) trying to get his car unstuck from the felon's driveway.
HOPEFULLY, we can get out tomorrow to Mama and Papa Pearce's house for Christmas dinner. Otherwise, it's chicken nuggets and tater tots for Christmas dinner.
It's now time to defeat the basilisk in the chamber of secrets again, oh and take some Advil - backache due to shoveling the walk does not make my mood any merrier.
I know I should be happy for the snow, and my warm house, and that we haven't lost power, but I'm craving adult conversation and sights other than the inside of my house!
Bah-humbug (ok, that made me remember when I was in the Christmas play at church as a little girl - happy times)

2 comments:

Matt Nightingale said...

Crazy! I can't believe it... Hope we can land in Seattle! Hope we have worship on Sunday! Merry Christmas!

Meghan said...

I think it's supposed to start melting tomorrow or Friday, so all should be fine by Sat.
Looking forward to the visit (for about the 50 millionth time)