Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The things we do for love

This morning, around 3:00, Adam woke up and said he heard George making noise. How the heck can he hear George when he is locked up downstairs (George, not Adam), and not hear our children who are in a room a yard away from us? Anyway, he said he heard George, so he went down to check on him and without going into detail, came back up to say he was sick. Now, it's not out of character for George to eat something, have it upset his stomach, throw up a time or two and then bounce back. He threw up again in the early morning, and then when the boys and I got up, I went downstairs to let him outside. When he came back in, he wanted a treat, went downstairs to lay on the couch for a bit, then threw up again.
Tuesdays I usually drop the boys off at their schools, stay out doing stuff, work for 2 hours and come home around 2:00. I didn't want to leave George unattended that long, so after I dropped the boys off I came home and he had thrown up AGAIN! So off to the vet we went. It appears he has pancreatitis, but they are awaiting the results of the blood work to say how bad it is. He will spend the night with his IV drip as they continue to monitor him. How much is this going to cost us? Roughly $1,000, maybe more - buh bye stimulus check! How can I not pay this though? We've had George longer than we've had our kids! Not to mention the fact that Jack ADORES George and is so sad that he's at the Dr and can't be home with him. I do hope he's feeling better and can come home soon. Too bad dog's don't learn lessons, like, oh yeah, last time I ate out of the trash can I had to go to the vet. But no, he will come home and do it all over again, most likely.


George and I on a hike when he was a puppy.

No comments: