Thursday, November 15, 2007

Looking for a rainbow

A few weeks ago the junior highers relearned the story of Noah's Ark and God's promise to those who are faithful to Him. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the ending God sends a rainbow to show Noah that He'll never flood the EARTH again. He did not promise, however, not to flood my basement again!
Last night we had the dessert portion of the progressive dinner at our house, which I really enjoy participating in. About an hour before everyone was to arrive, I went downstairs to get my trifle dish only to find that the laundry room was flooded. Apparently a few too many apple peals down the disposal, as that accompanied by standing water was on my laundry room floor!
What God did send was our friend, Steve, who happens to be a plumber, to our house who unclogged our drain for free!
I'm off to mop some floors and wash some dishes!

No comments: