Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Aftermath

I truly don't think I've ever had so many dishes/stuff on my counters at one time. Holy smokes my kitchen was a mess after Thanksgiving 08.



It was a fun day. I got out of bed at 7:00 to start working with the turkey (meaning dinner, not my husband), got that in the oven, got the kitchen cleaned and ready to go, and our friends arrived at 1:30. It never ceases to amaze me how much time and effort goes into these meals and they're done in 20 minutes tops. But it was fun, and now 3 trash bags and 3 loads of dishes in the dishwasher later it's as if it never happened (except for the left-overs in the fridge).

And now the Christmas madness begins! Not hitting the mall too early tomorrow, but will be shopping since my mom wants to get the boys gifts while she is here, and I want to send some gifts back with her for my nieces & nephews. Oh and I came up with the theme for our Christmas letter this year - start checking your mailbox soon!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: