Saturday, September 6, 2008

First Day of School

You may be wondering why I have no first day of school pictures up yet. Well, because there has yet to be a first day of school. Thornley was supposed to start last Tuesday, but there is a teacher strike, that is still continuing on. Jack WILL start on Monday, as will I, since the private preschools don't go on strike. I admit, I'm all about the teacher and supporting them. We all know teacher's don't make much, but it would be nice for them to be able to live on their salary. Could you live in Bellevue on $58,000 a year, if you were married and had a family? Even if you were single, it's tough. Bellevue is a pricey place to live, and it really annoys me when they do salary comparisons and say how well we pay our teachers compared to someplace where you can buy a NICE house for in the $200,000 range.
Anyway, let me step off my soapbox for a moment so I can head to some garage sales to look for some "boy toys" (meaning cars & rescue heroes) for our class of 13 boys and 3 girls that starts on Monday!

No comments: