Monday, January 28, 2008

Oh the Weather Outside is Frightful

We're out of firelogs, so I can't say the fire is sure delightful!
I guess I am one of the few that was thrilled when school was cancelled today, and honestly, I'm hoping it will be cancelled tomorrow as well! The alarm went off at 3:15 this morning so Adam could leave for the airport at 4:00. When his ride arrived, he came back in to show me the snow. I got on the computer, and there was no news of school closures - great! I HATE driving down our hill in the snow! An hour later, I was still awake and checked again - no school YEAH!!
I don't know how much we had, but when I went out to get the newspaper it was covered so for a few minutes I thought our paper deliverer couldn't get up our hill.
Around 4:00, we braved the roads and were able to get some rations - eggs for the boys and beer for me (we all have our coping mechanisms). While it hasn't started snowing again, we still have plenty on the ground and on our road, so if it's as cold as they say it's going to be, we'll be stuck up on the hill for another day of "family time".
But, I was able to get laundry washed, folded and put away, as well as do some work on the auction, which otherwise would have gone undone, or be left until tonight when the boys are in bed.

No comments: