Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lunch Date

Day #3, and we're still liking school! What a difference a fun teacher and a best buddy in the same class makes. Or maybe, just maybe, Thornley is growing up...
Yesterday was Tuesday (obviously), and I had told Thornley I would have lunch with him. I told him this, not because he was an emotional stressed out wreck, yelling and screaming all the way into class, like last year, but because he asked, "Mommy, will you come have lunch with me?". It was a bit of a pain logistically speaking, as Jack gets done with school at 11:45, and Thornley's lunch isn't until 12:15, but I figure, there will come a day when he doesn't want me anywhere NEAR the cafeteria, so I'll take him up on the offer while he's still excited to see me and maybe, just maybe, on a good day, even admits to liking me.
Jack is liking Kindergarten, is thrilled to be learning Spanish, and ecstatic that he had homework tonight.
I realize we're just three days in, and still in the "honeymoon" phase (although, last year three days in was pure hell, so, so much for that theory), so I refuse to tell myself we're going to have a good year. Although, I tell the boys all the time it's going to be a great year!
Walkathon coming up - let me know if you want to sponsor my people!

No comments: