Thursday, September 3, 2009

Christian-ese

Give me a moment while I hop up on my soapbox - yes, it's a nice view from up here, testing - one, two, is this thing on...

You know, kind of like Chinese, but it's the language Christians speak.

I went to a VERY conservative high school (Eagle Pride, baby, Eagle Pride), so I am fluent in Christian-ese; you had to be, or you couldn't get your diploma; really, you could smoke and drink as long as you were off campus, but if you knew the lingo you were golden. Which may be why I'm having these issues as of late. You know I am addicted to facebook, LOVE IT, and have reconnected with many friends from high school, which leads me to this post.

I logged on to check out what all of my "friends" were up to, and I read this status update, "Praise God for He is faithful to those who love Him..." this person is referring to a mutual friend whose baby is sick, apparently he (the baby) is responding to treatment and doing better. But my question is this, isn't God faithful to ALL of us, it is US who are lacking in faith? And what about the gal who played basketball on the team I coached (low those many years ago), who also has a child in the hospital that will most likely die - does she NOT love God, and is He not being faithful to her?

Maybe the solution is I shouldn't spend so much attention to facebook, but still, I wonder, how do we communicate our faith and relationship with God without being all holier than thou and totally offending and alienating those who don't share our beliefs. If this is annoying to me, imagine how those who have a different view/opinion of God would feel about comments like this.

Stepping off the soapbox now. Thank you, I'm here all week...

No comments: