Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!

Yes, it has been a while hasn't it. Where have I been? Ummmm...I don't know, busy? on facebook? watching my reality tv shows? blogging for e(x)tol (www.nccextol.com - what would life be without a shameless plug or two). Who knows but it's super hot this week, and except for the basement, the kitchen in front of the fan is about the coolest place in the house. I don't actually mind the heat, and will miss it a few months from now when it's cold and rainy.
Do I even have anyone that checks my blog anymore? Who knows, perhaps if I update it more than once a year I'd get a few more readers. Anyway, I digress...
We have been busy, but then again, who hasn't! Wrapped up school, all three of us (me teaching, Jack preschool, Thornley 1st grade),


wrapped up church (July marked 7 years at Newport which means and eight week "sabbatical" for Adam - and I gave him the long awaited Vespa of his dreams),



Thornley earned enough points in the "Eager Beaver Bible Club" to get a new Bible (God bless the Ritzmanns!),



headed to Maui for two weeks thanks to some amazing and generous friends



and are back home readjusted to the time change and maybe, just maybe have caught up on the laundry/cleaning.

What's coming up? The boys are in a wedding this weekend; our babysitter Kaitlyn is getting married and has asked the boys to be ringbearers, should be cute if Thornley doesn't tackle Jack, or take off with the rings, then it's off to Bend for our usual week in Sunriver, and Adam and I have a little "getaway" planned before returning to church/work at the end of August.

So, I will try to be better about blogging, and hopefully I will remember to post pictures from the wedding this weekend!

No comments: