Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Slim Pickings

I love Thornley! He is so awesome (which I sometimes forget when it's temper tantrum time). One of the things I love about him (which also drives me crazy from time to time) is his questions. He would make my grandpa proud with all his questions; grandpa LOVED an inquiring mind! Tonight he started off all his questions with. "I wonder...", here are some of the things he was wondering about tonight:
1. I wonder what it's like to die, you know, like what does it feel like
2. I wonder what heaven is like
3. I wonder what God looks like
4. I wonder what it's like to be married
The last statement lead to this conversation...
"Mommy, do you have to be a Christian to get married, because isn't marriage optional?"
"Yes, marriage is optional, but the important thing is that if you're a Christian, God wants you to marry someone else who is a Christian so you believe in the same thing."
"Well, then I don't have too many girls to choose from, the only girls I know who are Christians are Lauren, Gigi and Emily Nightingale."

1 comment:

cori said...

He is SO cute! He and Lauren will have to learn to compromise without our assistance, though. I don't want to live with those two!