Tuesday, October 7, 2008

All Work and no Pumpkins Makes Jack a Mad Boy

Yesterday we went on a field trip to Kelsey Creek Farm/pumpkin patch. My friend, Andrea, who is Jack's teacher, and I decided to take our classes together, so I wouldn't have to take a day off to take Jack (in preschool the parents have to drive their kids to the destination and stay with them during the "trip") when his class went, and well, it just seemed like a good idea. The first tour was fun, met Farmer Jane, saw some animals, saw the barn, helped out in the barn preparing the "beds" for the animals (moving straw into the stalls), and then picking out pumpkins from the "pumpkin patch". Jack had fun, happily help the first time, but didn't get a pumpkin because he was with my class, and I wanted him to wait until he was with his class. The second tour with his class he did a bit of work, and was thrilled to get his pumpkin. By the time the afternoon came around, and we went on our third tour (same tour 3 times), Farmer Jane asked Jack if he wanted a bucket to help move the straw and he told her, "I'm tired, I've done enough work for you today".

No comments: