Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Who is that knocking on our front door?

...no all you Wiggles fans, it isn't Dorothy the dinosaur!
The other night (actually morning to be precise) I woke up hearing a strange sound. Since the boys go to bed with random toys - Jack and his "sorcerer's stone" (aka - a bag of rocks) and Thornley with his "Wizard Cards" (aka - bottle caps), I thought it might be just something falling off one of their beds. So I tried to go back to sleep, but it was really bugging me. About 10 minutes later I heard a noise again, and thought, if someone was in the house, wouldn't George bark? Then I heard ANOTHER noise, so I woke Adam up and told him I heard a strange noise and he had to go investigate. Come to find out it was George (no wonder he wasn't barking). He'd been locked outside all night! Adam had let George out before he went to bed and had forgotten to let him in! Poor dog! Goodness knows where he went or what he did, but he slept most of the next day.
On a side note, the husband now has strep throat, but lucky him, he gets to take the day off work and rest (novel concept...), and Jack has a yucky cough so when he wakes up from his nap we're off to the doctor. Nothing like 2 doctor visits in one day at the end of the month!!

1 comment:

cori said...

I'd like to take this opportunity and personally thank Meghan for NOT sending the plague our way (a.k.a Jack with his strep yesterday)!